Fun and Creative Ways to Recycle Plastic Bottles
Photos from sources linked below.
This week Canadian entrepreneur Robert Bezeau made the news with his incredible plan to build a plastic village made from recycled plastics. Thinking green is certainly important at this time, with an estimated 22,000 bottles being discarded every second(!). With this in mind, we've searched the web to find top tips for putting those plastic bottles to good use - which at JoJoFun means using them to have fun! Read on for 10 Plastic Bottle Crafts for Kids.
1. How to Make Apple Lunch Boxes with Recycled Plastic Soda Bottles. Easy to make, looks fantastic!
2. Monster Mash. Spooky monster sweet holders, these would be great for Halloween in October.
3. Crystal Crowns. Here's one for little princesses.
4. 2 Litre Bottle Stick Horse. Good fun for kids, the same idea could be used for many long-nosed animals such as giraffes and dogs!
5. Create a Piggy Bank. Save up pocket money with this great home-made piggy bank.
6. Kids Chia Pet DIY. Make your very own chia pet container.
7. Water Bottle Fish Craft. Kids will have lots of fun colouring this one.
8. Cute Penguins. See how to make these super cute penguins, step by step.
9. Firefly Craft. Kids will love the end result.
10. Kid’s Soda Bottle Jet Pack. Let their imaginations soar with this awesome jet pack craft.
Note: Crafts often involve using scissors, craft knives and glue. A responsible adult must supervise crafts at all times and undertake the dangerous and difficult parts themselves. Be careful especially that the plastic is free of sharp points when kids handle the crafts.