The Perfect Gluten Free Alternative to Birthday Cakes
One thing's for sure, everyone who has come into contact with this version of the tasty treat, has always devoured it and always asks for seconds. It’s definitely a lightweight alternative to the traditional cake (which is very delicious too – don’t get me wrong)!
To get started, here's a recipe for Rice Krispies Original Treats
· 3 tablespoons butter
· 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
· 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
· 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
Microwave cooking times may vary.
-For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
-1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
-Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
-Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
-To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Why not have a go for your next big celebration? See what you can come up with. When you're finished, send us pics of your creations to include on our Pinterest page!
· Plan your design beforehand as the recipe hardens quickly.
· Line your setting dishes with plastic wrap as the mixture can get very sticky and may not come away from your moulding tools.