Incredible Structures Built by Enthusiasts Around the World
Photos from pages linked below.
Yesterday the BBC reported a Lego replica of Durham Cathedral had just received its 200,000th brick and is still under construction. Visitors are adding more Lego pieces to the construction every day and upon completion the brick total will be 300,000! They're not the only ones to enjoy the classic children's toy on a grand scale - in recent years there have been incredible Lego structures built by enthusiasts all around the world. In this week's blog post we take a look at our 5 favourites!
1. 1:1 Scale X-Wing Fighter. This incredible structure was built with over 5 million bricks in the Lego Model Shop in the Czech Republic, before being shipped to the USA and displayed in Times Square.
2. Fully-functioning life-sized caravan. It took 12 pro Lego builders from Birmingham to create this impressive caravan replica.
3. 20-foot-long HMS Hood. We like all the details in this model, it's clearly a labour of love by the creator!
4. Fastest Lego Train. This article is written in French - but the train reached 27.47 km p/h, about 17 miles p/h! Not bad for a toy built from plastic bricks.
5. And finally, last year a group of Italian children helped build a record-breaking-114-foot tower completely out of Lego bricks! Watch this video to see the moment when the last part of the tower was added: